Ideas for PE at home
Home Learning – PE
There are so many benefits to being active, not only to our physical wellbeing but also to our emotional and mental health, especially in such testing times for all of us.
We hope that these ideas help support you and your family to stay fit and healthy.
If you have some thoughts you’d like to share, please let us know!
Jasmine online platform (Real PE & Real Play)
Real PE at home includes an online programme to support pupils and families to be active, play and learn together. It is a programme specifically for children in Early Years and Key Stage 1 with 12 themes, 6 areas, over 250 activities and challenges and 1000s of hours of fun and activity. This programme is also great for family play and fun.
There is a weekly timetable to follow or the option to choose your own themes and activities.
Website: https://home.jasmineactive.com/ Email Login: email@example.com Password: iverheathi
Parents with older children at home as well, feel free to explore the Real PE resources by clicking on their year.
PE with Joe
You can tune in to Joe Wicks’ YouTube channel at 9am each morning for a 30-minute workout. The workouts will be fun and suitable for all ages and even adults can get involved. You don't need any equipment.
These fun activities will keep your children entertained, happy and active with everything from workouts to mental wellbeing activities. Get creative and learn new dance moves every week from Hip-Hop to Samba and Bollywood to Disco!
Fun curriculum linked resources to get you moving while you learn. Discover active learning videos covering topics including division, times tables, the alphabet and more!
The Healthy Minds team, whom we work closely with in South Bucks, are offering two free relaxation sessions per week for 4-11 year olds. These can be accessed at school as a class or at home by pupils / families.
From Monday 8th June to Friday 17th July, they will be delivering two relaxation sessions a week.
Mondays 1.00pm to 1.30pm
Fridays 10.00am - 10.30am
If you would like to get involved please get in contact with your teachers who will be able to provide you with a meeting ID and password.
Cosmic Kids Yoga
Yoga, mindfulness and relaxation designed especially for kids aged 3+
National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGBs) have worked alongside the School Games to build and develop a series of sport formats for intra and inter-school competition. During the period where Covid-19 has resulted in school closures and isolation, the National Governing Bodies have identified a number of activities that you can continue to work on to develop your skills and confidence for when things return to normal.
- Table tennis can be played by anyone and anywhere, even at home on the kitchen table. TT Kidz has launched 9 videos so you can get still get involved while at home. These include sessions on keepy-uppies and striking the ball. These videos are nice and simple and can be done with or without a table tennis table. There are also ways you can get involved if you don’t have access to table tennis equipment.
- You can improve your tennis skills any time, any place, with the LTA Youth Home Activities hub, it's full of activities for the whole family.
- England Athletics and funetics have fast forwarded the launch of their new funetics activity videos. The videos demonstrate parents and children (aged 4-11) taking part in FUN activities based on fundamental core movement skills: running, jumping and throwing.
(at the bottom of the page you can click on view videos)
- Chance to Shine Chance to Shine have come in and taught Year 2 this year during their PE lessons. The company have released their portal full of cricket games and home learning activities. Each week they will be uploading two new activities for children to try at home.
- FOOTBALL'S STAYING HOME -Team Talk - Make learning fun at home with football themed educational resources
Ready Set Ride
Here you can find videos to get you ready to teach your child to ride a bike, making sure they are set up correctly and safe as possible.
#ThisIsPE is designed to support parents and teachers to educate and entertain primary school children at home during the school closures. Each #ThisIsPE activity is designed to be fun, replicable at home, and can be done with things you can find around the house. All videos come from PE teachers.
Premier League Primary Stars
Here you can find fun curriculum-linked resources for home learning.
Davies sports – 60 second personal challenge
The Davies Sports 60 Second Personal Challenge is a weekly challenge you can set yourself to help improve your fitness. These challenges only take 60 seconds to complete and require little to no equipment.