At Iver Heath Infant School and Nursery the health, safety and well-being of every pupil is our paramount concern. Our aim is that all our children enjoy their time at our school and we work in partnership with parents and families to help them to achieve their full potential and to make a positive contribution. All Staff and Governors have a shared objective of:
- Providing a safe environment for children to learn.
- Identifying children who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm and taking appropriate action with the aim of making sure they are kept safe both at home and in the education setting.
To achieve this objective we will:
- Prevent unsuitable people working with children through rigorous safer recruitment;
- Listen to children and take seriously what they say to us;
- Ensure that every stakeholder and all personnel working in or around the school at any time, are fully conversant with safeguarding procedures;
- Promote safe practice and challenge poor and unsafe practice;
- Identify instances in which there are grounds for concern about a child’s welfare, and initiate or take appropriate action to keep them safe, these procedures are laid down by the Buckinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board;
- Contribute to effective partnership working between all those involved with providing services for our children.